Monday 3 June 2013

Drafts in Sketchup

SketchUp was an absolute nightmare for me this week. It constantly crashed and hardly let me maneuver most structures. I'm pretty happy with what I've done so far. I think it definitely reflects my theory, while staying true to my modification of Gehry's plan. The shapes at the entrance/gallery are VERY Gehry-like, and are probably my favourite of the lot. 


I chose the standard glass material in Sketchup to decorate majority of the Bridge. I chose this because glass is the only material (in my knowledge) in the Sketchup selection that can be transformed into the shapes I have chosen. I don't actually know if this is accurate, so luckily it can always be changed. 


You can't really see in this picture but I've implemented stairs throughout almost the whole school (bar the very top bubble and the shape below the walkway to the entrance). This is so the marker can explore my model freely, as well as adding the detail needed to be passed off as a realistic school. 

Entrance:



No comments:

Post a Comment